Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Kimimaro.

Such a cool name.
Healing.

So updates...

A rough date for frame removal has been set for September the 3rd. A bit later than originally expected, I'd hoped to have this thing off by now. But oh well.

Have begun using an Exogen Bone Healing System, it's an ultrasound device that basically stimulates your cells into developing bone faster. Can find more about it here: http://www.exogen.com/patients. Apparently it's not covered by private health and would normally cost about $1200 - $1600ish to purchase, but I was lucky enough that a representative had left an extra machine the day of my appointment for my surgeon to give to "somebody deserving", so I scored mine for free. Whoop!

Slightly inflamed.
The area around where my tibia has been broken has seemingly became inflamed overnight. I'm honestly not too worried about it, since inflammation and bone growth go hand-in-hand. But the stabbing pains are a tad irritating. I've started going for walks around the block every second day as being bed ridden has lost it's novelty somewhat, but I may have to stop until the pain settles down again.

Can see the area raised here.

Not much else going on with it, other than sitting around and waiting for my next appointment. Hopefully will get the green light to go ahead with the Sept 3rd surgery, but we shall see. Once the frame has been taken off, I get a lower leg plaster cast on for about a week while my moon boot gets made up. Not looking forward to the cast. At all. But once the moon boot is ready, I get it off and go into that instead. Physio is supposed to start two and a half weeks after the frame removal so I can learn how to walk normally again and unlearn any bad habits the crutches may have given me. Should be fun. [/sarcasm]


Can still totally rock heels, though.


No comments: