Saturday, March 16, 2013

I am not fond of Telstra.


Had my last check-up with Dr Astori on Wednesday the 13th, wasn't able to update since then because our WiFi connection at home has been pretty sketchy the last few days. More so than it usually is, I mean. Telstra, do not like.

Everything is still on track, Dr Astori still seems quite happy with how everything is proceeding and says that everything looks as it should.

I've started the Keflex/Ielex anyway, as a couple of the pin sites on the outer side of my leg have been seriously bugging me. They were quite a nice shade of purple for a little while, which worried us slightly, but apparently they're not infected until they turn red. A really bright, fire engine red. Basically if it does get infected, we won't have any doubts about if it looks infected or not, we'll know for sure. I'm just going to finish this round anyway, but we have another script if I actually need to take them for a serious infection.

Progress x-ray number 3. Eep.
It's been suggested that instead of doing all the turns at night, when my boyfriend gets home from work/before bed, that we attempt to do as many as we can during the day or before he leaves so that my body adjusts to it before we go to bed and hopefully, that should ease the night pains. The night pains haven't been so bad recently, maybe because of that, but just in case, I take a couple of Panadol before going to bed and if I wake up again, then I take the Endone. I'm allowed to take 10mg (two tablets), but I've been trying to limit myself to just one at a time because I don't want to become too reliant on pain meds. It's still pretty sore in the morning when I wake up, though. My morning ritual is to immediately have a couple of Panadol with coffee before even tucking into breakfast. I've been trying to eat a bit healthier too, I went off the fruits, vitamins and green tea for a bit and that's when my pin sites seemed to bug me a bit more. I have no idea if that had anything to do with eating like crap (eat all the junk food!), but y'know - better to be safe than sorry, I guess. Too bad lychee's are out of season now, though...banana, strawberry and lychee smoothies are amazing..

Anyway, there's still about a week and a half until we stop stretching, I think, and I've been told that once we do - everything that's annoying me about my leg should ease up. I'm also having the four smaller wires removed once the stretching has stopped, which I'm really excited/nervous for! I'm excited to finally start being able to take the device apart, even if the majority of it is staying on another five months, but I'm nervous because it can be done whilst in his office by having the ends cut and then pulling the wires out through the skin. I seriously hope I'm getting some pain killers for that. I'm pretty anxious as to how it's going to feel during the removal...but I cannot wait to get these things out of me! Haha. The five big pins/screws in my tibia are fine, my tibia isn't exactly having too much movement when I'm trying to get around, but it's the smaller pins/wires that I've been told everybody complains about. Especially the two on my outer side as they're going through muscles that do deal with quite a bit of movement when the leg is being moved, flexed, etc. They're also the most painful areas to clean, so I'm looking forward to eventually only having five pin sites (and the easier ones, at that) rather than having the entire nine to get through.

My foot is still swelling up, obviously, which has been a pain in the butt when it comes to sitting down to study or standing for too long. I still have my leg compressor socks from the hospital, it was put over my leg that wasn't to be operated on (the left), but we've found that if I put as much of it as I can over my right foot - the swelling gets better! My foot is feeling like a foot now, and not more like a glove filled with water.

We'll see how tonight goes though, because tonight is that concert I mentioned earlier that I'll be working. I'm sure I'll manage to get through the night, but it's the next couple of days (nights...) that I'm worried about. Damn you, stubbornness! Ah well. We shall see...

No comments: