Saturday, March 9, 2013

Sunday = SBS PopAsia

Haven't had Endone in about three weeks now, then BAM. Two separate doses, plus another two of Panadol last night.

Try not to overdo it with the weight-bearing, guys.

Haven't been doing too much of it besides walking (shuffling?) to/from the toilet (with crutches, of course) and the dining table (which is about two metres away from the bed...) - and then on a 2mm stretch day, went to a friend's gig in pirate costume and spent four hours without putting my foot up and trying to weight-bear as much as possible. Without any Panadol or Endone, which I should have taken with me. That switch was not entirely welcomed by my body, as evidenced when I tried going to bed after the gig last night.

I was waking up every half hour (at least) with searing pain down the front of my leg. It felt like either somebody was trying to hammer a nail through my leg, or my tibia was trying to break through the skin. Take your pick. My boyfriend actually ended up being woken up a couple of times when I woke up screeching in pain - and he's a heavy enough sleeper that there have been times I've pushed him from one side of our queen-sized bed to the other and it hadn't bothered him in the slightest.

Sleeping is usually not that bad, I'd even found ways to get somewhat comfortable by sleeping on my left side by moving the pillow in between my legs. I keep a pillow under my leg usually when I'm lying in bed - especially since we have feather pillows, I find it helps accommodate the framework more while resting. But last night, there was nothing I could do to ease the pain. The Endone and being generally extremely tired kept drifting me off to sleep, but never for long enough and it did not help the pain. Or, if it did, then I do not want to know what it would have been like with no pain relief at all. Definitely in the top three most painful nights I've had so far.

So today is going to be spent predominately in bed. I'm definitely not trying to stop you from trying to walk or weight bear, not at all. You're supposed to be trying to do all of that. Just trying to warn you not to try and do too much, too soon. As much as you may think you'll be fine and you can handle it - never force yourself too much, or you'll just end up paying for it later. Do what you can, where you can, but do try to take it as easy as possible so you don't set yourself back.

Which means next weekend is going to be interesting, as I'm working merch for Ensiferum (European folk metal band) and since they're one of my favourite bands, I'm being too stubborn to turn the gig down. I figure being behind the desk is better than being out on the other side of it, but that's still at least an eight hour shift. Going to try and work myself up to it through out the week.

Ah. Well, we'll see.

Don't forget to keep flexing your foot.

No comments: